Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Sunday, January 29, 2012
Novak Djokovic defeated Rafael Nadal at the finals of the 2012 Australian Open, winning 5-7, 6-4, 6-2, 6-7, 7-5. The match is the longest finals of a grand slam ever, taking 5 hours and 53 minutes to complete.
Djokovic has now defeated Nadal in eight straight finals, including the last 3 grand slam events. He also became the fifth man to win 3 consecutive grand slams, a record shared with Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Pete Sampras and Rod Laver.
Nadal, on the other hand, is the first player to lose three consecutive grand slam finals.
Friday, January 27, 2012
World no.1 Novak Djokovic and world no. 2 Rafael Nadal will meet in the men's finals of the 2012 Australian Open on Sunday. This is the third consecutive time that the top 2 players in the world will meet in a Grand Slam final, which is unprecedented.
Djokovic defeated no. 4 Andy Murray, 6-3, 3-6, 6-7, 6-1, 7-5, while Nadal defeated world no. 3 Roger Federer 6-7, 6-2, 7-6, 6-4 at the semi-finals of the first Grand Slam event of the year.
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Iker Casillas is a Spanish footballer. He plays as captain to Real Madrid in La Liga, and to the Spanish national team. He was named the best goalkeeper in 2010 World Cup, where he led Spain to championship. Casillas started his soccer career in Real Madrid youth system in 1990. He first debut in the senior side in 1998.
Born: May 20, 1981 in Madrid, Spain
Weight: 84 kg
- youngest goalkeeper to play in a Champions League final, at 19, vs. Valencia in 2000
- won the IFFHS Best Goalkeeper award four times
- captained Spain to 2010 World Cup, awarded the Golden Glove
- appointed as Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations Development Programme Millenium Development Goals
Monday, January 23, 2012
Saturday, January 21, 2012
Jacob Dalton is an American gymast. He attends college at the University of Oklamoha, majoring in Human Relations. He competes for the university as well as the US national team.
Born: August 19, 1991 in Reno, NV
- 2011 World Championships Team bronze medalist
- 2011 U.S. vault and floor exercise champion
- 2011 NCAA vault and floor exercise champion
- 2011 Winter Cup Challenge all-around, floor exercise and vault champion
- Member of the 2009 World Championships Team
- 2009 U.S. vault champion
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Tim Tebow is a quarterback for the Denver Broncos. He was selected in the first round of the 2010 NFL Draft.
He previously played for the University of Florida Gators, which he help win the national championships in 2006 and in 2008.
Born: August 14, 1987, in Manila Philippines
Website: www.timtebow.com , Twitter
Notable Achievements/Career Highlights:
- Heisman Trophy, 2007
- Manning Award, 2008
- AP Player of the Year, 2007
- NCAA QB of the Year, 2007
Sunday, January 15, 2012
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
José María Callejón is a winger for Real Madrid. He is a product of the team's youth program from which he joined the B Team in 2007. He later joined the club Espanyol in 2008 where he made his La Liga debut. He returned to Real Madrid on May 23, 2011, playing his first match in a friendly against LA Galaxy. A goal against his former club Espanyol on October 2, 2011 marked his official goal to his new club.
Born: February 11, 1987, in Motril, Spain
Weight: 73 kg
Weight: 73 kg
- Professional debut on Real Madrid B Team in May 2007
- Signed a 4-year contract with Espanyol in 2008
- Re-joined Real Madrid in 2011
- Played for Spain Under-21 team against Kazakhstan in 2008