Rafael Nadal is a Spanish tennis player. He is currently ranked No. 2 in the world, having been No. 1 for weeks 102 weeks. He is regarded as the greatest clay court player of all time. He won 10 Grand Slam titles and a total of 46 singles titles (as of Feb 2012).
Nadal is one of the only two players to achieve a career golden Slam: an Olympic gold medal in singles tennis event, and winning the four major tennis tournaments, namely the Australian Open, Roland Garros, Wimbledon and the US Open.
Born: June 3, 1986 in Manacor, Mallorca, Spain
Weight: 188 lbs
Nadal is coached by his uncle, Tony Nadal.
- won his first Gland Slam singles title in Roland Garros in 2005; he won a total of 6 French Open titles
- won his first Wimbledon title in 2008; won it again in 2010
- won his first Australian Open in 2009
- won his first US Open title in 2010
- won 19 Masters events, a record
- career prize money: $46.3 million (as of Feb 2012)
- career Win-Loss record: 550-118 (as of Feb 2012)