Michael Owen is professional soccer player, playing as a striker for Manchester United. He previously played for Liverpool (1996-2004), Real Madrid (2004-50), and Newcastle United (2005-09). Owen was teammates with David Beckham in Real Madrid, while he inherited the #7 shirt of Cristiano Ronaldo when he moved to Manchester.
For leading Liverpool to a very successful 2000-01 season (by which it won the League Cup, FA Cup and the UEFA Cup), Owen was awarded the Ballon d'Or, in 2001. He is the first English player in 20 years to win the award.
He also plays for England in international competitions, having seen action in Euro 2000 and 2004, and in 2002 and 2006 World Cups.
Born: December 14, 1979 in Chester, Cheshire, England
Weight: 70 kg
- scored 18 goals in 41 games during his stint at Real Madrid
- signed a 4-year contract with Newcastle for £16.8 million, a club-record at that time
- signed with Manchester United for £100,000 a week, in 2009
- PFA Young Player of the Year, 1997-98
- Ballon d'Or, 2001
- World Soccer Player of the year, 2001
- Carling Player of the Year, 1997-98