Andy Roddick is an American professional tennis player. He recently retired, after competing in his last match (fourth round versus Juan Martin del Potro) at the 2012 US Open.
Roddick won one Grand Slam, at the 2003 US Open, and he also reached the finals of Wimbledon in 2004, 2005 and 2009, as well as the US Open in 2006. He reached the number 1 ranking in November 2003, spending 13 weeks at the top.
Roddick is married to model Brooklyn Decker.
Born: August 30, 1982 in Omaha, Nebraska
Weight: 195 lbs
Website/Social Media: andyroddick.com, Twitter
- career prize money: $20,517,390
- career singles titles: 32
- career doubles titles: 4
- career singles win-loss record: 612-212
- reached the semifinals of the Australian Open in 2003, 2005, 2007 and 2009
- Masters Series singles titles: 5 (4 runners-up)
- previous holder of fastest serve in professional tennis: 249.4 kph
- 2004 ESPY Award for Best Male Tennis Player
- youngest American to hold the number 1 ranking since 1973
- first American to finish the year with number 1 ranking since Agassi in 1999