Andrey Arshavin, nicknamed Shava, is a Russian professional soccer player. His team is Zenit St. Petersburg, currently on loan from Arsenal FC. His playing position is winger/forward.
Arshavin joined the Russian national team in May 2002; he played his first match in a friendly vs. Romania in February 2003. He became the captain for the team in 2008, leading the team to a semifinal appearance in the Euro 2008. He also also captained the team to qualify for the 2010 World Cup.
He is married and has 2 children.
Born: May 29, 1981 in Leningrad (St. Petersburg), Soviet Union
Weight: 69 kg
Website: www.arshavin.eu/en, Twitter
- signed up by Arsenal in 2009 for £15 million, then the most expensive for the team
- in 2007 he played 30 matches for Zenit, scoring 11 goals and guiding the team to a title in the Russian Premier League
- Russian Footballer of the Year, 2006
- Premier League Player of the Month, April 2009
- Russian Premier League Player of the Year, 2006
- UEFA Cup top assist, 2007-08