Nicklas Bendtner is a Danish soccer player, playing as striker for the English Premier League team Arsenal, which he joined in 2004. He was loaned to Birmingham City in 2006-2007 season, and to Sunderland in 2011-2012.
Bendtner also plays for Denmark in international competitions, appearing for U16, U17, U19 and U21 teams during his youth, and to the senior team since 2006. He is part of the Euro 2012 squad, which he scored twice in a match against Portugal on June 2012.
He gained notoriety during the competition when he was fined for showing his underwear after scoring a goal. He was handed a 100,000-euro fine and a ban match for the 2014 qualifying.
Born: January 16, 1988 in Copenhagen, Denmark
Weight: 185 lbs
- Named 2004 Danish Under-17 Player of the Year
- Youngest Danish to be selected as part of the U-21 team, at age 18
- Youngest to join the Danish senior team, at age 18
- 2010 Danish Player of the Year
- scored a crucial goal during the 2010 World Cup qualifier vs. Portugal